Friday, February 18, 2011

Then & Now...

Me: hi

My fren: hey, hru?

Me: ya grt hw abt u?

My fren: ya gud

Blah Blah Balh.....After 10 min..

My fren : hhhvf

Me: wht does tht mean?

My fren: ha ha ha very funny

Me :uff (  thinking ..”this is wht our English”)

This was the chat with my friend, “hhhvf” this made me to think about the English what we use in our daily chats and while texting over mobile phones

If I correctly remember, 2000 was the year when my English got messed up big time. That was the time when I got exposed to the concept of chatting through Yahoo Messenger, MSN and so on…

Not only my English I think every form of communication got affected like…
  • No one uses hand written letters (bad time for postal department)
  • Same hold good for greeting cards 
  • No personal photo albums ..
I knw there are many more, but right now these flashed my mind….

You share information just by a click of button and receive everything in a flash of seconds. Besides all these our verbal and written English changed.

Honestly, the other reason for this change is time, yes who have time to meet people for long and lovely conversations by taking out the time out of their busy days , drive long .. Instead, everything can be conveyed by sitting at home over mobile phones 

I honestly understand what this lovely language has given all of us. And I wish that ,this won’t be messed up further in our chats & texting .

Ths is wht I wnt 2 tell u ppl, u knw wht I’m tryng 2 say

thts all 4m me..Hbu?








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, so please go ahead they make me Happy!!!