Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Walk on Clouds!

Hi All,

This is my First Blog Post ..Though I am not a writer, I wish  to pen down my thoughts , because I believe that the best way to become acquainted with Thoughts and  Experiences  is to write about them. Words , once they are printed , have  a life of their own.

I was thinking for a while "What can be my first blog post all about?" Many things were running in my mind.. but finally I decided to write on my trip to Skandagiri. and I like to call this post as "Walk on Clouds" 

Here it goes...

My fren: Hey you know i got a mail from one of my fren..which describes abt a place called Skandagiri and one should enjoy the sunrise being there..

Me: Ya even i heard abt it...one shall trek in the midnight ..reach there before sunrise and watch sunrise..trek back.. sounds Kewl ... haaa!! ..

We made a effort to pull our frens n  planned our trek.. a team of 8  were planned to visit Skandagiri but finally 7 ppl turned up.


We all meet at 12.00 am  and drove towards Skandagiri. I was meeting all of the them for the first time except vijitha who is my room mate.But within no time I cud start conversation with them as if i know them right from the start.

Skandagiri is 60 km from Bangalore and is located along the same range as Nadhi Hills. To reach Skandagiri , drive from Bangalore to Chikballapur on NH 7 and turn left and drive for another 5 km.The trek begins from a small temple called papagni matha located at Kalwarhalli village.

The trek to the peak is slightly steep and it takes two to three hours to get on to the top.Three hours trek was so nice but it was pitch dark, n we were not carrying torches. But some how we managed with our mobile phones.

I was feeling very close to nature away from busy traffic, pollution, routine etc etc. It was so damn chill and I was freezing, but still I loved tht journey through clouds.After walking for some time, I was not able to see the path leading and just turned back, that is whn I realized there is no one near me, I called up all the names.. but no one around all that i could see and feel is cloudy skym waves of clouds touching you, greenlush, echo of your voice, Fog covering your path...

I just sat on a rock and was just enjoying my loneliness.. talking to my inner-self. I cud see two ppl kmg , they guided me to the top and I cud meet my frens. After reaching top, the chill of the wind hardly allowed us to open our mouth, it was bitter cold.. the entire view was covered with clouds, it just looks like a spread of cotton on the earth surface. We picked our cams and captured the beauty of nature.Every one looked so fresh. All this magic lasted for an 1 hr, slowly the fog got cleared and we cud see the bright sun.

After getting tired of taking photographs, we decided to have our breakfast which is been sold in a small hut on the top, they sell Maagi and Bread-Omlet yes its true!!!.. these little chunks made us feel little better and then we made our way back..

Trekking to Skandagiri was a big break for me from the daily choas it was very refreshing !! :-)

Naresh>>Bharath>>Komathi>>Rehamath>>Vijitha>>Bharathi>>Manjunath

Note: Don't travel without the map and torches. Be careful with the thieves and do take a guide . A group of 4- 5 is pretty cool to trek rather a couple or huge group. It is advisable to carry sm food and water.

Cheers,
Bharathi.

P.S: My blog is all about  things worth reading or  things worth writing.

4 comments:

  1. I called this as a "Strange Journey" and what a contrast thought we share. :)

    Keep bloggin girl....

    Hope yu read my blog abt Skandagiri? Anywys here the link is for the same

    http://indescribably-beautiful.blogspot.com/2010/11/its-strange-journey.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya I read.. hereafter I will be posting freq..

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments, so please go ahead they make me Happy!!!